Mijn Husqvarna Strada (TR650)

In deze rubriek kun je alles kwijt over motor / MP3 scooters
thomas
STN Deutschland

Mijn Husqvarna Strada (TR650)

Bericht#1 » 27 sep 2016, 20:14

2 years ago, when I turned 50, I decided that if I ever want to do ride a motorcycle, I should begin soon.
But a small one, so that there is still room and money to improve step by step.
Searching for a used BMW G650 at my local dealer, I found the Husqvarna beneath it.
Although brand new, 1000€ cheaper than a used G650. That was the time when BMW sold Husqvarna to KTM.
I collected some information (which were very positive), made a test ride and was impressed by the smooth and predictable handling, especially at low speeds.
Now I have her 2 years and 19000km. My average fuel consumption is about 1:30 (includes some dirt and winter riding), but according to the onbord computer it can be ridden at 1:37 at constant 70 kph.
The 14 litre tank gives a range of +400km which is really enough considering the small hard Enduro saddle. (Airhawk helps.)
The seating position (on an Airhawk) is comfortable for my moderate size, sitting high in a slightly aggressive manner. Not like on a scooter or cruiser.
The brake is weak (typically for Enduros) and need muchs hand power to activate the ABS (which can be switched off, but I never did).
A carrier rack is standard, just screw a Universal Adapter plate onto it. Hard side cases and their carriers can be bought too (typically for BMW, Husqvarna would never do that).
The Husky is now my standard long distance bike. My former Kymco Xciting 500 (carbureted) was a nice bike too, even more comfortable, but suffered a bit from beeing thirsty, having a small tank (average 1:21) and an unclear fuel gauge.

Fortunately the Husky is not limited to a special tire make, just obey dimension, load and speed index. There are many different tires for its dimensions, from street-only to studded tires.
The Strada is the road version of the TR650 family with 19/17 cast iron rims and it has a sibling called Terra, a dirt bike with 21/18 spoked wheels and elevated mud guards.
They can be converted into each other.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
6 x
Afbeelding

TK E

Re: Mijn Husqvarna Strada (TR650)

Bericht#2 » 27 sep 2016, 20:42

Heel gaaf..... :moto2:

Das is eine schöne motor
0 x

Stephan

Bericht#3 » 27 sep 2016, 21:19

Nice Bike Thomas..... i could only dream about it :D
0 x

gerard lift

Bericht#4 » 27 sep 2016, 21:22

Very nice pictures beautiful place also the alps i love them :thumbsup:
0 x

Amendoim
Easy Writer / STN Beheerder

Bericht#5 » 27 sep 2016, 22:10

I have had the pleasure and privilege of being allowed to sit on it during the yearmeeting and indeed it is a very beautiful bike and I am sure a real joy to drive. Also the sound it makes is really really nice. Unfortunately I had to decline your kind offer to drive it as I am not used to shifting on a bike and I would not dare take that risk :-)

But a 14 liter tank and 1:30 would give you a range further than 400 KM, no ? And do you use Super 95, Super 98 or E10 ?

By the way, again: it was really great seeing you last Saturday. And that you came to us in one day and also back home again: respect... Not so much of a really slow rider you, huh ? ;-)
0 x

thomas
STN Deutschland

Bericht#6 » 27 sep 2016, 22:49

Yes, 400km is about the save/minimum range. I frequently got further, but the fuel level warning light is already on then.
I use sometimes E10 (Germany, France) and sometimes Super E95 (Switzerland, Netherland).

In the slooowrider forum they dubbed the Strada as "Mofa" (snorfiet), because it has only a single cylinder working with the "powerless" 4 stroke strategy.

In fact I am more an endurance than a fast rider, never tried to reach its top speed (175 kmh), this is not comfortable on a naked bike and even worse: the bike gets light/unsafe on the front at >=120 kmh (Shimmy effect).
And I started very late with scooting and motorcycling, I am not used to high lean angles (with my knees on the tarmac) and a coward.
1 x
Afbeelding

Amendoim

Bericht#7 » 27 sep 2016, 22:59

You are not the only one so no shame there. Speaking for myself, I started riding when I was 34, now only 12 years ago. And like you, I am more of a tourer than a racer. Sometimes, after an especially stressful day, going as fast as possible with trashmetal on my headphones is nice and therapeutic :-). But I prefer to enjoy the ride and the landscape. And like you, I prefer not to fall and damage my machine. I love tarmac but not in my face. No cowardice there ! Especially not considering the distances that you ride and the time in which you do it. Lebensgeniesser :-)
1 x

Amendoim

Bericht#8 » 27 sep 2016, 23:16

I am very jealous of the locations that you visit. Dammit.

:-)
0 x

thomas
STN Deutschland

Bericht#9 » 28 sep 2016, 09:16

No Visa required for Italy or France!
Lets join the Stella Alpina 2017 motorcycle meeting (1st picture: ascend to Col de Sommeiller, 2996m) or ride the Route des Grandes Alpes (2nd, Col du Galibier, 2645m).
0 x
Afbeelding

Amendoim

Bericht#10 » 28 sep 2016, 10:23

I am all up for it and would join you in a heartbeat! But remember that I only have a 50cc...
0 x

Social Media

Terug naar “Alles over Motor / MP3 Scooters”