Schakelbrommer on the Skull Road

thomas
STN Deutschland

Schakelbrommer on the Skull Road

Bericht#1 » 27 mei 2018, 20:44

Totenkopfstrasse - Skull Road.
(Not because the road itself is dangerous, but the band of robbers who used to be up here.)
The only steeper part before the first big turn.

This is a harder ascend (on the other side of the hill, from 180m in town to 642m at the parking lot below the summit)

(You will recognize some green signs on the right side, indicating the current elevation.)

Sorry for the cheap camera and bad video, but it doesnt get better on our bumpy roads.
1 x
Afbeelding

Victor-San

Re: Schakelbrommer on the Skull Road

Bericht#2 » 27 mei 2018, 21:08

:sct1: Oh my....
1 x

Jan-H
STN Verkeersveiligheid

Bericht#3 » 27 mei 2018, 23:04

Hi Thomas,
The sound is two stroke, capable to make lots of rev's
But is it really a 50 ccm.?
Greets,
Jan.
0 x
Jan-H
Na 56 jaar weer op een motorscooter!

Dagrecord 545 km. Maassluis- Ludwigshafen am Rhein.
Afbeelding

thomas
STN Deutschland

Bericht#4 » 28 mei 2018, 00:01

Actually, I had not used max. revs, rather <=8000. Then it already looses torque.
But the sound is like a 4-stroke @16000.

As far as I know, it's 50cc.
I don't think the dealer spent extra money to mount a 70cc (and bigger carburetor to run smoothly).

Usually the manufacturer delivers the vehicles without legal limiters (eg for Switzerland) and those limiters ship in a separate country-specific package.
Many dealers are too lazy and greedy to insert them.
The vehicles sell better without and after WOK they can still insert them for cash.

My bike is certainly without properly throttle, it should only output 1.4kW@5000 and 45km/h (probably power limitation because of wind drag).
But when I got it, it could ride 55km/h @9300 (CDI limitation).
I changed the sprocket for 64km/h @9000. That's again at its power limit. Still ok in the hills (due to manual 6-speed) and smoother during cruising.

A tuned 2-stroke 70cc might well exceed 70km/h. But I don't want to spend much money and effort.
The sprocket was only 7€.
0 x
Afbeelding

Delight
Voormalig STN Lid

Bericht#5 » 28 mei 2018, 08:13

thomas schreef:A tuned 2-stroke 70cc might well exceed 70km/h.

I might hope it does....
I had a 50cc Honda MT and it runs 120km/u!
So a 70cc must run faster or just as fast.
0 x

thomas
STN Deutschland

Bericht#6 » 28 mei 2018, 08:35

Imho an Enduro style bike needs about 15kW to reach 120km/h because of much air drag.
Sport bikes with 11kW can just touch this mark from below.

How do you get that much power out of 50cc, did you had professional factory support?
The 1965 Kreidler world record bike had 11kW@15000, was supercharged and ice cooled (just enough for the record). And of course extremely streamlined.

I speak about bikes from shop, just more or less derestricted. And GPS speed (not just indicated).
My old chinese Baotian Ecobike 50 could reach 80km/h indicated, then the needle had to stop.
Best I've seen on the GPS was 58, typically 55. (Dealer did not mount the throttle restriction.)
0 x
Afbeelding

tomosje
Voormalig STN Lid

Bericht#7 » 28 mei 2018, 09:45

zo je moet het zelf even vertalen
maar inderdaad zoals arno schrijft heb ik een honda mb5 gehad 70cc 5 versnellingen grote carberatuer grote uitlaatbocht..
gewoon 120 op de snelheidsmeter gps bestond toen nog niet.
zo reden 95% van de plattelands jongens rond en zolang je in het dorp netje s reed ..niks aan dehand
trouwens mijn eerste grand dink origineel zonder begrensers alleen milieu buisje s dicht gelast en grotere sproeier... dik 80 km pu en aleen met echt harde wind 65 km pu..
0 x
kymco g dink grey lady wolf

Afbeelding Afbeelding

Stoney3K

Bericht#8 » 28 mei 2018, 10:42

thomas schreef:Imho an Enduro style bike needs about 15kW to reach 120km/h because of much air drag.
Sport bikes with 11kW can just touch this mark from below.

How do you get that much power out of 50cc, did you had professional factory support?
The 1965 Kreidler world record bike had 11kW@15000, was supercharged and ice cooled (just enough for the record). And of course extremely streamlined.

A supercharged 50cc two-stroke? That actuallty sounds interesting, although I believe that 4-strokes benefit more from supercharging to pick up the lack in torque.
0 x

Social Media

Terug naar “Youtube Filmtheater”